Family

Family

Sunday, December 15, 2013

From the Mouths of Babes

Owen has been saying so many funny things lately.  You can tell he's trying to add phrases to his vocabulary that he hears adults say!

Yesterday I asked him to help me with something and he said, "Mom, how do you ask for that?"  (I apparently didn't say please!)

He and Paul were playing monster trucks this morning and I overheard him tell Paul, "That's not asseptable Dad!" He meant acceptable, but it didn't quite come out right.

One day last week, a big diesel truck was driving next to us.  He said, "It smells 'sgusting in our car."  I explained that it was the truck next to us.  We passed another truck and he informed me that that truck was clean, so it didn't make our car smell 'sgusting.  Oh the things you just take for granted that they know! 

One day I asked Paul to give me a shoulder rub.  He did, then Owen told Paul he wanted one too.  Paul quickly rubbed Owen's back and then Owen jumped up and told Paul that he wanted to give him one now.  Paul is not a fan of back rubs, but laid down.  Owen said, "Wait!  I have to get some music!"  He ran to the fridge and got his fridge phonics and proceeded to rub Paul's back to the ABC's.  So cute!

We were wrapping a gift for my cousin's new baby.  Paul walked in and asked who the gift was for.  I looked at Owen and said, "What baby was just born?"  He didn't miss a beat and said, "Baby Jesus! Uh, I mean baby Aubrey." 

No comments:

Post a Comment