Family

Family

Friday, October 17, 2014

Pregnancy and Infant Loss Awareness Day

October 15 is Pregnancy and Infant Loss Awareness Day.  It came with a lot of mixed emotions this year.  While some time has passed and the pain of losing Abby isn't as raw, my heart still hurts.  I don't think you ever "get back to normal" after losing a child, your "normal" just becomes different.  Not a day has gone by that I haven't thought about Abby and wondered what she would be like.  I think I thought of her even more because I was pregnant and I'd compare the ultrasounds, the morning sickness and fear that my pregnancy would end the way it did with hers. 

Now I have Hattie and while some would probably say that I should be happy that I was able to go on and have another baby (and I am, don't get me wrong!), Hattie doesn't replace Abby.  I am thrilled to be Hattie's mom and I love her to bits, but that doesn't mean that I stop missing or loving or thinking about Abby.

On October 15, Pregnancy and Infant Loss Awareness Day, we lit a candle at 7PM to honor our special angel.  I know that she is with us and we keep her in our hearts every day. 

Owen lighting a candle and saying a prayer for the special babies that are with God in heaven

No comments:

Post a Comment