Family

Family

Sunday, September 13, 2015

My Baby Started Kindergarten

The week of September 8 was filled with mixed emotions for this mama. I was proud, I was sad, and I was excited.  On September 8, I took Owen to school to have an assessment with his teacher.  I waited in the hall and Mrs. Christianson and Ms. Weiler asked him all kinds of questions to see where he's at.  Once they were done, they called me in so we could go through it.  Mrs. Christianson said that she was impressed with how strong he is academically.  She said he recognized all of this letters both upper and lower case, he told her the sounds that they all make, he recognized all of the numbers she showed him up to 30, he named all of the colors and shapes she asked, except for a hexagon, which he called an octagon.  She liked how he wrote his name, she said she stopped him at 50 when she asked him to count (he counts over 120 last time I checked), she said he counted by 10's, was strong with his math skills and had strong sentence structure.  So overall, I was a proud mama!

 On September 10, Owen started Kindergarten!  That morning, we brought Hattie to school first so that we could focus just on Owen.  He was pretty excited, and just a bit leery when we walked into school.  We checked him into Kid's Club and introduced him to another little boy named Silas, who was playing with some pirate ships.  He hugged us and was fine as we left.  That night, he talked all about his day, told us it "wasn't awesome, but still pretty much cool."  The next morning though, he was super clingy and cried at drop off and didn't have any interest in staying.  I'm hoping tomorrow goes better! 


No comments:

Post a Comment