Family

Family

Sunday, February 23, 2014

Happy 4th Birthday Owen!

Paul and I catch ourselves so often now commenting on how big Owen is getting.  It used to only be when we were folding his jammies.  They look so long!  Now it's when we see him washing his hands at the sink without needing a stool, when he's using grown-up utensils instead of kiddie sized ones, when we have conversations, see him in photos....the list goes on and on.  It's hard to believe that Owen joined our family and changed our world four years ago!  Where does the time go?

Owen has had a pretty great fourth birthday!  Yesterday, we celebrated with our friends and family, fire fighter style.  Owen loves all things fire fighter and police, so this year's theme was pretty easy.

Stop, Drop and Roll! 
 Fire cupcakes

 My friend Jackie helped me make the cupcake picks and the cute dalmation and fireman.  Aren't they adorable!  Thanks Jack for all of the time you put into helping me!!
 Fire hydrant sippers
 Red, orange and yellow food!  Tried my best to make the food look like fire!
 Michael, Jackie, Hannah, John and Fire Chief Owen
 Neighbors!
 He told me, "Mom, it made me happy when my friends and the mommies and daddies sang to me, so I smiled and smiled."
No girlfriends!  Must be because I told him he isn't allowed to have them. :)

 Owen and his side-kick, Sully

 Owen and Lucy!
 Awww, hugs from Cameron!
 
He had a great time!  Today, after mass, we stopped to get some hot cocoa, which was a special treat.  He loved it!  Then we went to SkyZone and had some fun jumping.  He got to pick where we ate lunch and he chose Olive Garden because he wanted them to sing happy birthday to him.


 Daddy bouncing off the walls!

 He really enjoyed jumping and wants to go back with his buddies Sully and Liam.
 Happy Birthday to You!
 Mmmmmm!
 My 4 year old boy!
 

2 comments:

  1. Adorable pictures of the party! We are sad that we missed it. We hope to celebrate with Owen soon.
    Love and hugs,
    The withers family <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are amazing at throwing parties! Everything looked awesome! I'm glad Owen had a wonderful birthday!

    ReplyDelete