Family

Family

Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Celebrating our Special Angel Babies

Today was a special day for a lot of reasons.  Paul and I both had the day off because Owen had a dentist appointment and his school screening.  He did really well! We were excited to hear that they think he's doing well and that he scored 20 (16 is what they like 3.5 yr. olds to score).

Tonight, we had dinner and celebrated our angel babies with our friends the Lavines and the Beckers.  The kiddos decorated paper lanterns and angels that we sent up to heaven.  What amazing families they both are.  Both have suffered losses, yet they are so strong.

Lisa and Ashley decorating Lily's lantern
 Eric and Lucy working on Sam's lantern
 Doesn't my friend Jen have the best smile?
 Owen and Daddy working on Abby's lantern

 Lucy, Jen and Piper
 Lisa, Dan and Ashley ready to send a lantern up to Lily
 Ready to send our love up to Abby
 Jen, Eric, Lucy and Piper sending love up to Sam
 Sam's lantern being lit
 Up, up, up
 Lily's lantern being lit

 Abby's lantern being lit
 On its way to Abby!
 Enjoying cupcakes and decorating angels for their siblings
 Owen was thrilled to have someone to play construction with!

In so many ways, my heart wanted to be sad today.  Sad that I'm not pregnant with Abby, sad that we'll never hold her in our arms.  Instead, I chose to make today a celebration.  I am grateful that I got to be Abby's mom.  I'm grateful that she didn't feel pain.  I'm grateful that I have an amazing husband and a wonderful little boy.  I am grateful that I had supportive, loving friends to be with tonight.....there are just too many things to celebrate for me to waste the day being sad.  Abby deserves more than that!

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful post. Hugs from the Wiggins family. And yes, Jen L. has the best smile!

    ReplyDelete