Family

Family

Monday, September 16, 2013

Red Fish, Blue Fish, One Fish, Two Fish

Owen and Paul went fishing again this weekend and when they got home, Owen burst through the door yelling, "Mommy!  I caught 5 fishies and daddy caught zero fishies!"  He had so much fun and enjoys the time out on the dock with his daddy. :)









Just a few other things I don't want to forget:

His new favorite thing to say to me is, "I love you little Mommy!" If I say, "I love you little Owen" back to him, he says, "I'm BIG mom!" 

As I stopped to look at some deodorant and shower gel for Paul on an end cap at Target the other day, he informed me that we didn't need any of that, then asked if it was for the birds.  I said no, it was soap for daddy.  He said, "Is it soap for daddy's armpits?  Eeeeew, sgusting!" (disgusting)

He is learning to put his face in the water at swimming lessons and practices at home in the tub.  Whenever he "hides his eyes" in the water and I pretend that I can't find them, he asks, "Mommy, did you think mine eyes are driving away in a truck on the street?" 

Many mornings lately, I've had to wake him to get ready to leave for Heidi's.  I find that if his stuffed puppy jumps on him and wants him to wake up to play, I get a better response from him than when I try to wake him up to get ready.  Lately he tells the puppy, "I can't play yet puppy, I'm still taking rest" or "I haven't stretched enough yet puppy!"

At age 31/2, Owen can write his name, knows his colors, letters, days of the week and can count to 30+ depending on his mood.  He loves to dance, is always humming and is crazy about reading.  He routinely asks what words mean in the books we read and corrects us if we say the words out of order.  His favorite toy is still Mr. Bear, but he'll sit for almost an hour playing with his construction toys.  He wants to be a construction worker for Halloween.  He loves to talk on the phone to Paul when he travels, but has started asking about 9-1-1, so the phone time will have to be monitored even more closely now!

He went in for an allergy test last week and we found out that his asthma is not caused by allergies - the test came back clear.  That was a relief because I grew up allergic to SO many things and got weekly shots.  I was hoping he wouldn't follow my path!

Owen is such an amazing kid.  He definitely has his days (like when he had 3 accidents in one day last week!) but he's smart, compassionate, friendly and is an all-around blessing.  But I could be a touch biased! :)


No comments:

Post a Comment