Family

Family

Sunday, December 30, 2012

Kids Say the Darndest Things!

Owen is at such a fun age - always talking and linking together more and more words.  Lately, he's been saying some really funny things that I don't want to forget (or that I do want to forget, but made me laugh at the time!).

He wants to do everything by himself and pouring the mouthwash into the cup is no different.  It's too big of a bottle and it would spill everywhere, so we have to help.  He and I got into it yesterday morning and in the end, I put it in the cupboard and he didn't get to brush with mouthwash.  Last night, he and Paul were having the same discussion and I heard him tell Paul, "I a man Daddy!  I can do it all by myself!"

I try hard to talk about things as I do them so that he can associate words with actions.  We also try to make a point of telling him that we need to go potty and then going to the bathroom so that he can see us making the decision and then going (not stopping to get toys, etc!).  A few days ago, I said, "Mommy has to go potty."  He normally replies with "Good girl Mommy!"  This time, I got a, "Well go then!" 

He adds "last week" to everything now.  He talked to Daddy last week, he played with a truck last week.  It's pretty funny!

When we said our prayers last night, we told God to give our cousin doggie Bear a big hug for us.  He asked me, "Where is Bear right now?"  I told him he was in heaven with God.  He replied with, "Is he with God and Santa?" 

He came home from daycare before Christmas, calling his bottom his booty.  We talked about how it was not a nice word and that we call it a bottom at our house.  We catch him saying it every once in awhile, but it is pretty clear that he's trying to get attention from it.  We have ignored it the last few times, thinking that if he doesn't get a rise out of us, he'll stop saying it.  Cross your fingers for us!

No comments:

Post a Comment